Uh…. what, like this?
Wait, why the hell am I doing this, again? Kishishishi!
I asked that damn Doflamingo about it and he laughed and said something about the local notary being on a ‘long vacation’- Dammit, stop calling me that, both of you morons! I’m not your friggin’ mother, or your- Kishishi!! What the hell did you just call me?!
ooc: starting your own ask blog
((OOC: First off, I think it’s normal to be jealous of other peoples’ art! All of the artists I know have talked about seeing other peoples’ work and going, “Uuuhhh, why can’t my stuff be more lively/refined/whatever like that person’s?”. Even artists who wouldn’t be conventionally called ‘talented’ can have a unique style, vision or sense of humour that makes their stuff enviable, so don’t think that your art is crap simply because you aren’t working for Disney! Just keep practicing!
As for tips for people who want to start an “ask” blog, I do have a bunch, and I can share them with you!
- Choose a character that you really really like, and whose crew/cohort/allies you really really like. It’s a lot more fun (in my personal experience) to run a blog when you have other characters that you can include in answers, and it also shows other fans that you enjoy the series for more than just “that one pretty guy”.
- Choose a character whose style you will enjoy focusing on and referencing incessantly. If your characters is an architect, you should love talking about and drawing buildings. If your character is deeply religious, you’d better feel passionate about religious studies and enjoy the thought of bringing that into an ask blog; ‘Friar Andrew’ will seem a lot more authentic if he’s sharing bits of hagiography in his responses and quoting scripture. That said, avoid shoehorning your own interests into the blog if they don’t at all fit with your character.
- Choose a character who is well-established enough in the series that you’ll be able to get inside of their head and answer questions as they would, rather than as you would. While it makes sense to stretch canon a bit and come up with quirks or hobbies for your chosen character, having a character like Doflamingo break character to lecture everyone about the evils of spousal abuse would be eyerollingly absurd, and it’s personally a turn-off for me when I seen ask blogs with extremely out-of-character characters.
- Don’t be afraid to pander/not to pander. It’s your choice whether you want to include a ton of ‘big breasts’ gags in your ask blog, or whether you’d rather delete every “omg ur t sex!!1” ask your blog receives. I try to keep this blog from becoming too fetish-y, but I’m still happy to indulge my own weird taste sometimes, if I think it’s appropriate to the answer.
- Be your own biggest fan. If you think the response you’ve come up with is sublime or hilarious, then post it and don’t let anyone stop you! (caveat: use common sense, things like ‘rape’ jokes really aren’t that funny and you’ll deserve whatever flak you get if you post them)))
Ah! I want to try too. Here~ Still thinking about the Batto-Batto no mi.
Sorry…could not resist…
Gah, I don’t look anything like that!
Eh…. well, I might’ve made him a suit or something… I can’t remember. Kishishi!
I really hate that guy!
I only really draw when I’m sketching fashion designs, and it’s not like the face matters in those!
I got my kage-kage no mi when I was small and I sometimes wonder if I would’ve become a different person without it, but I’m happy. Kishishishi! I know that ‘Zoan’ fruit can enhance a fighter’s strength, and I really like bats, but I wouldn’t trade my great curse for the batto-batto no mi, or any other devil fruit!
((OOC: Ediblepandas had commented at some point that Donny should be wearing a peacock-inspired coat, which I thought was a fabulous idea, though I had no idea what a peacock-themed outfit would really look like…. hence this being a scrappy design sketch and not a gooshy fancy picture. Still not sure if I like the barred pattern on the shoulders or if the hair clip is too fruity, but I figured someone would get a giggle out of this.))
I realized that piracy suited me more when I went out into the world, though, and I’ve got no regrets! Besides, pirates can do whatever they want, so as a pirate, I’ve still been able to enjoy having my own ‘Gormenghast’ and terrorizing people with my evil power! Kishishishi!!!